Monday, March 11, 2013

Bead-mazing



I was pretty lousy in geometry... just didn't really click for me when I was 14.  Maybe if my teacher would have suggested a practical use for geometry, like quilting or beading I may have done a little better (but probably not.)
My latest beady adventure has taken me deep into the world of Contemporary Geometric Beadwork. It's the first volume of amazing beadwork designs by Kate and friends.  I've been exploring these shapes and designs for a few months.  I finished this piece called "Fortuneteller"... it looks like those fortune tellers we all made in fourth grade.  This was no easy task for me (again the geometry thing.) But with persistence AND taking things apart a couple of times... I finally finished this piece.  The colors remind of a watermelon and I have the perfect spring top to wear this with...  another benefit of creating your own jewelry!
I haven't been much of a blogger lately.  Life is routine and extremely busy.  I'm longing for sunshine. We had a day or two of sun over the weekend.... such not enough!  Can't control that...  But can enjoy beading and creating cool stuff!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Dayle,

    Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Jan! I'm working on some new designs based on Kate's work. Very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart, I'm getting a headache just thinking about the angles! Beautiful work though!😉

    ReplyDelete