Thursday, August 25, 2011

The journey continues

Today is my birthday... okay, I'm 59!  That's a good thing.  I'm starting this blog because I want to look closely at this year, take notes and remember who I am and how I am as I journey toward my 60th year.  Those birthdays with zeros are touchstones on our life paths.  I want to make sure I notice the pebbles and streams along the path this year.  Don't know if anyone will be interested in following this blog, but that's not the most important aspect of this little creation.  Life is about growing into our own being.  The older I get, the more I realize that it's okay to have some of life be about ME.  Not about my ego necessarily, but about who I am and how I am in relation to the rest of the world: family, friends, creation....
I have a passion for beading and be-ing... that's how I think about the title of my blog "beadayle"... get it?  Of course you do, you're brilliant!
On my last day of high school, as I was cleaning out my locker, a teacher was yelling down the hallway with some sage advice (origin: Shakespeare):  "Be true to yourself!"  Whoa, what the heck does that mean?  I've been trying to figure that out my whole life long.
So there ya go... the journey continues... toward REAL life!

3 comments:

  1. Dayle, it's good you're looking at the pebbles now because in no time they become boulders. Love you, have a good Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added your Beadayle blog to the Creator Community and Friend's Blogs and Links on Soul Cafe. Sounds like you had a fun and worthwhile touchstone birthday experience.

    ReplyDelete