Monday, September 19, 2011

My New Best Friend

I just received the "Tri-Wing Kit" from (my new best friend) Kate.  She creates the coolest 3D triangle rings and bracelets and she is putting final touches on a book: Geometrics.  I discovered her blog and became intrigued with her work and her passion for the beads.  I'm so into triangles and spirals right now, too!  Last Friday, Kate sent out an email with instructions for the rings.  I was so excited that I made this ring in a few hours on Friday night (see orange ring below next to dinosaur).  As I stitched, the click of the beads, the shape of the work was so zen-peaceful.
Today I got the whole kit which included very cool beads that Kate personally selected.  Kate wrapped everything in newspaper and she sent along a dinosaur cut out that looks at home (not!) in the mountain scenery.  I'm so bummed that I have a work meeting tonight so likely won't get much beading time in.  But I have some really cool tri time coming soon!
Thanks, Kate... can't wait to get started.

Tri-Wing Kit: beads, dvd, instructions, dinosaur, smarties and the ring

2 comments:

  1. I thought I left a comment earlier, but it isn't showing up! I just wanted to say that I love your ring! And that Dustin is the one responsible for the dinosaur, and that we co-designed the project and the kit colours and the instructions together, and those are his gorgeous drawings you see.

    So don't give me all of the credit! Also, we learned the mighty and ancient art of triangling from the Mighty Jean Power, that should be mentioned as well.

    Can't wait to see what you make next!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete