Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shrinky Dinks



Remember shrinky dinks?  I don't think I created anything with them as a kid but I got some for "Doodle" (granddaughter) last week.  They come as blank sheets of plastic so we found pictures to color for her bracelet.  She likes a show called Dinosaur Train and I was able to find some clip art from the show online.  I traced the pictures for her and Doodle colored them... well, I colored a few... it's so fun to color with your granddaughter.  Then we popped them in the oven and we got these nifty little charms.  A few jump rings and a clasp and there you have it.  I think the little charm bracelet turned out so cute.  What fun to have a little one so interested in creating new things.  Genes... gotta love 'em!
Observing the process... they are really curling up!

Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment