Sunday, October 23, 2011

Columbia River Gorge


Yesterday we took a car ride to Hood River, OR to visit friends.  I can't believe they commute to Portland... 50 miles each way!  I don't get it but I think people on the East coast sometimes commute that far.  An hour plus in the car to get to work probably isn't fun for most commuters.  I imagine our friends love the views, though.  This picture was taken with my iPhone while cruising down the freeway.  Not a great picture, but you get the drift: beautiful Columbia River Gorge... Fall just beginning.
This afternoon I went to a Rings and Things bead sale in Tigard.  I'd just spent some time at their store in Spokane and spent plenty of $$ so I wasn't even sure I'd find anything.  I did!  I bought some cool turquoise colored magnesite, center drilled beads.  As soon as I got them home I started a new bracelet.  About a third of the way into it, I knew I'd run out of wire before I finished.  So I hopped in the car and off to Michaels for some 22 gauge antique brass wire.  I've been wire-wrapping all day and my fingers are feeling it.
What a fine day this was... beading and listening to Pandora.  If you haven't yet done it, start a Rufus Wainwright station.  It was sooooo good to listen to Rufus and others!

No comments:

Post a Comment