Sunday, January 15, 2012

Scrabble, Old School

Peter and I have been playing Words with Friends A LOT lately.  When we finish a game we get a new one going.  Today it's  snowy and we've spent the afternoon inside, reading and lounging around.  I thought it'd be fun to play Scrabble, old school.  I set up the board and as we played we both kept saying, "Words with Friends" is so much easier.  Yeah, duh, you don't have to ADD the scores when you play WWF, you can always have the board facing you, and there's nothing to set up or clean up.  We'll probably get a WWF game going after dinner.  It felt kind of good to play with the real tiles but I do like the game on my iPhone.  It's also fun to have lots of games going at once.  Alec Baldwin was playing WWF when he got kicked off that plane a couple of weeks ago.  It's addictive.  But hey, if you're on a plane?  Really?
I set up this picture because I don't know if I'll ever use this board again.

1 comment:

  1. It amazes me that so many people are playing Words With Friends. Way back when, only a select few of my friends played Scrabble. When I started it wasn’t about building vocabulary, the challenge was extracting words in that jumble of tiles. Once I figured out that I could improve by unscrambling anagrams, it all fell into place. Then I got more and more hooked on creating anagrams, as my blog will attest. WWF is an itch that this wordy can’t stop scratching.
    Leona

    ReplyDelete