Sunday, November 6, 2011

First Star I See Tonight

Finished my first star today!  As I mentioned in previous post it's a Jean Power pattern.  Zipping the five wonky squares together to form this star was so rewarding.  I started this star while in Spokane, helping my Mom figure out some things with my Dad's health.  Now I'm back home in Portland, and I have the completed star to hold in my hands, and dare I say, admire?  When we do hand work, we think, we remember, we even pray while the needle moves and beads click.  This star will always hold this week in it's arms (it has FIVE arms, after all).  This star is the color of life:  the pain, the joy, the blessings, the laughter, the heartache.  I love this star.  I don't know yet what I'll do with it... probably bead little friends for it to shine with and for and around.

No comments:

Post a Comment